Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sprouts!

That didn't take long. The first tomato seeds sprouted after only three days, and by now almost everything has broken the surface.

We've already had numerous requests for Ardwyn Farm pork this fall, it's nice to see so much interest, we must be doing something right. I wish we could satisfy the demand, but there is no way I am going to try to raise more than four pigs. I need to come up with a "waiting list" or a sign-up sheet or something for the people that are interested in buying pork this fall. I don't feel comfortable with accepting deposits or promising anything before August because you just never know what could happen. I'd hate to lose a pig and have people with unmet expectations.

Starting to see more and more birds around and other signs of an early spring. I know I'm ready. Last year the spring and summer weather was mostly rotten, probably why I didn't post much on the blog last year. This year has got to be better.

1 comment:

Farmer Jones said...

Some bad luck, almost all of the sprouts are now dead due to the damping-off fungus. Starting over today.