Monday, November 13, 2006

Testing, testing, is this thing on?

Hello faithful readers, sorry it has been so long since I wrote anything but the truth is there hasn't been much to tell.

We have received excellent feedback from all of our customers about our pork, and we agree. I think we have had every cut at least once already and we couldn't be happier with how the meat turned out. Kewaskum did a great job in processing and packaging everything, too. Next year we will probably not be offering 1/4 pig packages, unfortunately, because it became difficult to get everything cut to the cutomer's specifications. Next year it will most likely be 1/2 pigs only.

This weekend I'll be processing all of our turkeys, except for two that are getting a reprieve and will probably be heading to a petting zoo in northern Illinois of all things! I think it's nice that they'll have a chance at a long life, even if they will probably have kids yelling at them most of the time.

Weather-wise we had about 3 inches of snow and sleet fall on Friday afternoon, so I got my first chance to use my plow truck. It worked great, took me about 20 minutes to get the whole drive cleared off.

I'll most likely miss the opening of deer season this weekend, because I'll be at home butchering turkeys, but going second weekend is looking pretty promising. I'll be happy just to get a nice doe like last year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, we want turkey Pics.

How much do we think they will wiegh?

Huge

BJ not BK said...

Nice to see the farmer back.

Anonymous said...

Me, too. I miss the farm news.

Anonymous said...

We will try to post some pictures this weekend. The turkeys weighed in at 14 to 16 lbs.