Friday, April 20, 2007

4 rods of strawberries

Because I am a dork, I get a kick out of using archaic language. I recently learned that a 'rod' is 16 1/2 feet, which is pretty close to the length of my garden beds (additionally they are a fathom wide, although that term is usually reserved for water depth). So Nikki and I planted 4 rods of strawberries yesterday, about 70 plants.

We planted a mix of Junebearing and everbearing strawberries, I'm not sure if we will see any berries from the Junebearing plants this year, but I hope there are some from the everbearers.

I am really hoping I get my potatoes and onions soon, it's time to get them in the ground. The seed company is supposed to send them at the proper time for planting, I might give them a call and see when they are planning on getting them to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FJ - Jungs sent me my taters here is chicago 2 weeks ago so I imagine you should get yours soon.

E. Guh

Farmer Jones said...

I talked to them yesterday and my shipment is on hold because they got a bad truckload of Red Pontiac and fingerling seed potatoes. I hope they get it straightened out soon