Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth of July


Hope everyone is having an enjoyable holiday. I got up this morning and read the Declaration of Independence and then got to work. I picked 4 more quarts of mulberries and a quart of black raspberries, still need to get the currants picked yet this afternoon, looks like we'll get 3 or 4 quarts of those too.

I took the day off yesterday and cleaned out the duck coop (yuck) and got a lot of weeding done in the garden. I also sharpened up the hatchet and made a special knife for dispatching poultry, at least 2 ducks are going to the freezer this week. Then I twisted my ankle and had to take a break so I spent most of the afternoon inside.

Anyway, happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ardwyn farms is the place to be on the 4th of July. We witnessed at least 15 neighboring community firework displays. Some of the benefits of being on the hill.