Sunday, May 13, 2007

A new trough

The big rubber bowl we were using to feed the pigs just wasn't cutting it. They were getting too big and were fighting with each other too much. I decided a new trough was in order, where they could eat peacefully. Here it is on it's trial run. They are still a little too short to just stand next to it, so I may remove the top board on the near side. That way they won't have to climb in to eat from it. Anyway, it seems to work, and I built it with scrap lumber I had around, so it didn't cost me anything.

The garden is still doing well, my luck seems to be holding with the weather. Still no frosts in the forecast, but it may dip into the upper 30's on Thursday night. I think I'm safe.

Happy Mothers' Day to all you moms out there, have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How big is that big pig on the end? What do you think she weighs?

Farmer Jones said...

Hi Dave, you're not planning a pignapping are you?

I'm guessing that Pepper weighs about 130-140lbs right now, but that is just a guess.