Friday, January 25, 2008

A REAL winter

We are having a real Wisconsin-style winter this year, just like the ones I used to know ( to coin a phrase). The temperature has been pretty consistently below zero every day this week, and on Monday we received a little over 14" of snow in about 10 hours. Other than an early January thaw, we have had cold and snow since right around Thanksgiving.

I think we are going to get out and enjoy some of this snow tomorrow and go skiing at Sunburst, which is a ski hill right down the road from us. It's isn't exactly Summit County Colorado, but it's close and it's better than nothing.

Absolutely nothing is happenning in farm news, other than I might try to get some cleaning and organizing done out in the barn this weekend. My tools seem to be spreading themselves out and I spend more time looking for tools and hardware than I do actually fixing anything. If I get that done, I'll try to get out on Lake Twelve for some "hard-water" fishing on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did you do ice fishing?

Anonymous said...

(tap, tap)....hello? Is this thing on?

Farmer Jones, get yer nose out of yer fancy book learnin', and tend to your blog!

Farmer Jones said...

Didn't get out fishing because I spent the morning on a death march rabbit hunt. I think we walked 10 miles and ended up with one rabbit. I missed two of them, so I am mostly to blame for the lack of success.