Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Not much new..

Looks like I will not have any ripe tomatoes by the Fourth, dangit. They are not far off though.

The rest of the garden continues it's spectacular run, we've got too many snap peas to deal with right now. Soon we'll have bell peppers and some of the hot peppers are ready to pick now. Black raspberries are ripening and boy, are they sweet this year, best tasting crop we've had. I'd like to dig up a hill of red potatoes and see if there are any baby new potatoes yet, but I'm trying to be patient. Let's see how long that lasts! (Patience has not really ever been one of my strong suits, ask anyone that knows me.)

Those of you that ordered a 1/2 pig from us will be getting an order form in the mail, or by email, sometime this month. It is pretty self explanatory, but please contact us with any questions you have. That is why we are sending it out early, we want to make sure you get exactly what you want. If you do not receive it by the end of the month, let us know!

What else? I've got a full 5 gallon bucket of mulberries for my homemade wine, about 30lbs worth. That should be enough, along with 70lbs of grapes or so, to make a fair amount of wine. I have to look up some recipes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I havent read the blog in so long; I am finally getting caught up. Reading it cheered me up-thank you! The Boobster