Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Home again, home again

Wow, you leave for 4 days and you can hardly recognize the place when you get home! The birds all doubled in size and suddenly I had beets and brocolli to harvest!

My trip to Colorado was one of the most physically demanding and mentally relaxing 4 days of my life. We hiked a total of nearly 13 miles at elevations betweeen 9000 and 11000 feet. The first mile of the hike into the wilderness area included an 1100 foot gain in elevation. I was ready to quit after the first 200 yards! But we pushed on, over the rocks and through the snowfields, and made it to the plateau. The weather was beautiful, a little frosty at night, but not intolerable. The fishing was excellent, we had an amazing trout dinner on Sunday evening.

I'll take some pictures of the birds and garden tonight and get them on the photobucket site tomorrow, I have been pretty lax about updating the pictures this year. Sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doug, can you send me a short email sometime as your new Gmail account does not work. Mrs. Spoonie really needs to discuss some things with you about your operation.

Mr. Spooney.