Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Garden List 2006

Wow. I walked up to the garden yesterday to make this list and , once written down, looks like a heck of a lot of stuff! The list looks bigger than the garden.

So here it is, the contents of the 2006 garden:

  • Rhubarb
  • Zucchini
  • Butternut squash
  • Canteloupe
  • Charentais melon
  • Cucumber
  • Watermelon
  • Pumpkin
  • Sweet corn (2 varieties)
  • Pole beans
  • Cabbage
  • Leeks
  • Red onions
  • White onions
  • Green onions
  • Sunflowers
  • Radishes
  • Carrots
  • Beets
  • Parsnips
  • Bibb lettuce
  • Salad greens
  • Kohlrabi
  • Peas
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Yellow pear tomatoes
  • Green Zebra tomatoes
  • Red tomatoes (3 varieties)
  • Roma tomatoes
  • Red, yellow, and green bell peppers
  • Hungarian hot peppers
  • Habanero peppers
  • Cayenne peppers
  • Soybeans
  • Sage
  • Lavender
  • Dill
  • Chives
  • Basil
  • Rosemary
  • Garlic

Whew!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That is a lot of variety. On our back porch I have a container garden with flowers, herbs and vegetables. I am growing Lavender, Rosemary, Oregano, Roma tomatoes, Spinach, and Sugar Peas. I have also planted Okra, but it has not come out yet. My son also planted a pinto bean and sunflower and they are growing well. Congratulations on your garden! It sounds great.

Anonymous said...

I am a first time visitor to Ardwyn Farm News and and simply awed by all that you have going on. You have my dream place there! Let me know when you are having your harvest party. I am experienced at canning and jamming and would love to help. Keep posting, I will continue to live vicariously through you! Ever think of a whiskey still in the barn? Porter

Anonymous said...

I hope that iron-hard ground water doesn't kill all those plants when you irrigate.

Anonymous said...

I think you should plant some pansies and orchids.

Anonymous said...

Hay Nephew...
I've been enjoying reading your blog. It sounds GREAT!!! I'm happy you are enjoying your place so much. Once we (J&D) get our houses sold hopefully we will find a nice place here in the PC area. The wedding is a month away. Your invite went in the mail today.